PDC20095 - Providing Quality Aged Care
|Duration||9 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
If you are in the aged care industry this online micro-credential is for you! It covers 9 topics in aged care and quality standards in health care provision – a must if you want to further enhance your skills around healthcare communication, elder abuse, wound management and healthy ageing, to name a few. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
This online micro-credential in providing quality aged care, consists of 9 "short courses" (also offered as stand alone micro-credentials) covering topics in aged care and quality standards in health care provision.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify the Standards of the National Safety and Quality Health Service and the relevance to nursing practice
- Develop an understanding of the profound implications of healthy ageing
- Enhance the clinician's understanding of wound management throughout history
- Develop the foundations of what elder abuse encompasses
- Recognise the importance of sexuality in the older population
- Develop an understanding of the influence and purpose of aggressive behaviours
- Identify strategies to begin end of life conversations
- Identify key concepts in health care communication
- Outline the principles of reflective writing.
The course comprises of the following 9 short courses:
- National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards
- Healthy Ageing - An Introduction
- Wound Management - History, Myths and Traditions
- Reporting Elder Abuse in the Community
- Sexual Health in Australia - Sex for Seniors
- Dealing with Aggression - An Introduction
- Communication at the the End of Life
- Effective Communication in Health Care
- Writing Progress Notes - An Introduction
These courses can be completed as individual courses or completed within this bundled course.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the healthcare profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.