PDC20079 - Diabetic Client Management - Introduction to Diabetes
|Duration||1 hour online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
Diabetes is a complex chronic condition that can affect the whole body, so it is important to understand the disease and its implications. If you are a health professional and are looking for an introduction to the implications of this chronic disease, then this micro-credential will be perfect! As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
This online micro-credential is an introduction for the health practitioner that has not had a lot of exposure to the health implications for a diabetic client. The micro-credential provides a simple overview of diabetes, complications of this chronic disease and simple management cares for a diabetic client. It encourages critical thinking of the implications and applying simple preventative management measures of the diabetic client.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Recall the main difference between Type 1 Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes
- Recognise the potential health implications for people with diabetes
- Outline simple health practices to assist clients with diabetes in their care.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the healthcare profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.