PDC73767 - Growth Strategies in Business Management
|Duration||16 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
Business growth is the goal of most organisations to ensure profitability and sustainability in a competitive market. This online micro-credential will outline the strategies available to business including market penetration, market growth, product growth, investment and diversification. In-depth exploration of industry examples will illustrate how each strategy impacts the growth and sustainability of an organisation. A description of market penetration strategy will demonstrate how to grow market share, via the sale of more of existing products and services to the same market. Market expansion examples will demonstrate how a marketplace can grow and a company can be involved in selling more goods within that market. Product expansion will be examined through creating new products or services and selling them to their existing market- offering new versions, variations to products and new services. Product expansion is explained through examples of companies staying in the same market. The concept of selling new products to new markets is one of the riskiest strategies, and to do so, companies often need to invest significantly into these markets and ensure that their value proposition and products will be successful. This concept is outlined through case study examples. As both new product and new market are untested, the result can lead to failures quite easily. While there is some merit for large organisations to pursue a diversification strategy, most smaller businesses find it difficult to sustain their investment. This micro-credential is designed to provide you as a business leader with an informed perspective on these strategies to apply in your own organisations.
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
16 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify the strategies in business growth to ensure profitability and sustainability in a competitive market
- Outline what is meant by a diversification strategy and ow this applies to organisations
- Reflect on your role as a business leader with an informed perspective on these strategies to apply in your own organisations.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements to enrol in this micro-credential, however, it is relevant to anyone who would like to complete studies in this field, in a flexible and self-paced environment.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Fees & Scholarships
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.