PDC113210 - Fundamentals of Disaster Management: Prevention, Preparedness, Response and Recovery
|Duration||4 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
Disaster events are increasing in severity and frequency and have become a commonplace disruption for many of our global and local communities. The impact of disaster events can have a lasting effect, and as individuals and communities, we each have a role to play in preventing, preparing for, responding to and recovering from such events. This online micro-credential introduces you to the fundamental concepts and frameworks that underpin emergency and disaster management and assists you in identifying the characteristics of natural and human-caused hazards and the key principles of prevention, preparedness, response and recovery.
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
What is a Digital Badge?
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
4 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
On successful completion of this micro-credential, you will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of natural and human-caused hazards and vulnerabilities particular to global, regional and national emergency and disaster contexts
- Explain the principles of Emergency and Disaster Management using the prevention, preparedness, response and recovery (PPRR) model.
There are no specific entry requirements.
Fees & Scholarships
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.