PDC102649 - Leading Education for Global Citizenship and Global Competence
|Duration||8 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
This micro-credential is designed to foster the global competence of educators and develop their understanding of the role of education for global citizenship/global competence in promoting social cohesion and fostering the knowledge, skills, values and attitudes students need to effectively engage in a globalised world. The micro-credential consists of four modules containing readings, videos and activities that enable reflection and the application of theory to practice.
The modules are shaped by four questions:
- Why do we need education for global citizenship/global competence?
- What do we mean by education for global citizenship/global competence?
- How can educational leaders create the conditions necessary to foster a culture of global citizenship in their context?
- What signature strategies are available to educators who wish to effectively educate for global citizenship/global competence?
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet the Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements of their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Successful completion of this micro-credential assists registered teachers to meet their professional development requirements and develops participants’ capacity to satisfy the requirements of the following AISTL Professional Standards for Teachers at Highly Accomplished Teacher level:
- Standard 1.1 & 1.3;
- Standard 2.1 & 2.4;
- Standard 3.3; 3.4 & 3.6;
- Standard 4.1;
- Standard 6.2 & 6.4; and
- Standard 7.4.
For educators in the Early Childhood sector, successful completion of this micro-credential assists in addressing the following elements from the National Quality Standards:
- Standard 1.1: Elements 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3;
- Standard 1.2: Elements 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3;
- Standard 3.2: Element 3.2.3;
- Standard 5.1: Elements 5.1.1, 5.1.2; and
- Standard 5.2: Elements 5.2.1, 5.2.2.
In addition to addressing these standards, this micro-credential offers participants the opportunity to reflect on their practice and develop leadership potential in the field of education for global citizenship and global competence. Such leadership potential aligns strongly with state, national and international policy agendas and, as such, could open opportunities for participants to contribute substantially to the culture of their school or centre. Knowledge and experience in this field would also be highly regarded by potential employers.
Structure & Availability
8 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Clarify why it is necessary to educate for global citizenship and global competence particularly in relation to achieving social cohesion
- Describe the theory and intent of education for global citizenship and global competence including alignment with relevant education frameworks and curriculum
- Identify and apply the leadership approaches to foster a culture of global citizenship in an educational context
- Recognise, describe and apply signature strategies to effectively embed education for global citizenship and global competence in existing curricula and pedagogies.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements for students enrolling in this micro-credential.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Fees & Scholarships
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.