PDC75244 - iActivate - Design and Grow Business for Good
|Duration||72 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
Are you an emerging social entrepreneur? CQUniversity Australia and impact-led business Impact Boom are delighted to offer this self-paced and ultra-flexible online micro-credential to guide aspiring and early-career social entrepreneurs from idea to impact. iActivate - Design and Grow Business for Good is a first for Australia, and you definitely want to be part of the social enterprise action, so what are you waiting for? As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
CQUniversity Australia and impact-led business Impact Boom are collaborating to offer a self-paced and ultra-flexible online micro-credential to guide aspiring and early-career social entrepreneurs from idea to impact.
iActivate - Design and Grow Business for Good is a first for Australia, an online social enterprise micro-credential developed by a University and an industry leader offering a digital badge.
Hosted on CQU’s Centre for Professional Development platform, the 12-module course content is curated to give students clear and actionable steps in defining goals and impacts, understanding business for good ecosystems, applying sustainable and innovative business models, prototyping a social enterprise startup, pitching and storytelling, collaborating, scaling and measuring impacts.
The content builds on Impact Boom’s successful Elevate+ Accelerator Program for emerging social entrepreneurs, and CQUniversity’s range of social innovation courses and initiatives, from entry-level to postgraduate, that have kickstarted thousands of changemaker journeys for students since 2015.
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Students will be better able to effectively manage their business for good, be able to pitch potential new projects to employers, funders and partners, and pursue a career with other social enterprises and businesses for good. Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential , students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
72 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Define the rationale of running a business for good, desired impacts, roles, teamwork theory and other frameworks that will drive a startup or existing project from the core
- Outline the elements of Design Thinking, Co-Design, and Systems Thinking strategies to understand, redefine and respond to the right problems
- Reflect on innovative business models and why these are crucial to a social entrepreneur’s success, including how to best deliver value to customers and stakeholders
- Identify key tools to understand the market in which businesses for good operate, define a personal and enterprise brand strategy, and understand social media and other marketing methods to create a trusted brand
- Identify how to protect Intellectual Property, and understand legal and taxation implications.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.