PDC71337 - Emotional Intelligence and Non-Verbal Communication Tools in Management
|Duration||18 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
As a manager, not only is there an expectation that you will have knowledge in functional areas such as accounting, strategic marketing and the like, but you are also required to have attributes such as emotional and social intelligence. This online micro-credential provides you with an opportunity to explore the areas of emotional and social intelligence as well as the use of non-verbal communication to assist you in improving communication and gaining positive results in your business pursuits. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display on your profile or share on social media.
As the world changes and individuals are exposed to a wide variety of groups, expectations on managers increase. Not only is there an expectation that a manager will have knowledge in functional areas such as accounting, strategic marketing and the like, but also that they have managerial attributes, such as emotional and social intelligence. This online micro-credential will explore emotional and social intelligence as well as the use of non-verbal communication in assisting managers to improve communication and gain positive results in their business pursuits.
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
What is a Digital Badge?
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
18 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Define the concepts of emotional and social intelligence
- Discuss how the study of non-verbal communication can help managers to create better results
- Explore the various research insights and models in these areas used to improve a manager's communication capabilities.
There are no specific entry requirements to enrol in this course, however, it is relevant to anyone who would like to complete studies in this field, in a flexible and self-paced environment.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.