PDC71297 - Domestic Homicide Risk Assessment
|Duration||2 hours of online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
The severe end of Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) is examined in this online micro-credential. It looks at the nature and the extent of different forms of domestic homicide, and provides recent Australian examples illustrating the individual and situational circumstances of domestic homicide. The role of risk assessment tools and how they can be used in practice to reduce the risk of fatal outcomes is also investigated. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
This online micro-credential provides practical tools for practitioners working with vulnerable victims and survivors of Domestic and Family Violence. It will provide expert knowledge on the dangers of separation and how to collaborate with women to reduce the risk of domestic homicide. The micro-credential will examine numerous danger assessment tools that can be used in professional practice.
This micro-credential is introductory in nature. Completing a comprehensive appraisal of the risks posed to victims of domestic and family violence requires detailed and specialist training. Completion of this introductory course does not provide that level of training. Participants are reminded that risk assessment is not a static event: it is a continuing and complex process. Where relevant, participants are also reminded to access the risk assessment tools and processes of their organisation before undertaking a domestic and family violence risk assessment.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
2 hours of online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Understand the extent of different forms of domestic homicide
- Identify issues considered to be risk factors for domestic homicide
- Evaluate specific risk assessment tools
- Describe the process of formulating safety plans for victim/survivors.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements to enrol in this course, however, it is suitable for people who work in counselling, social work, psychology and domestic violence services.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.