PDC113210 - Fundamentals of Disaster Management: Prevention, Preparedness, Response and Recovery
|Duration||4 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
Working in an area like disaster management requires a good understanding of the impact that disasters can have on individuals and communities and the roles we each play in preventing, preparing for, responding to and recovering from such events. With disaster events increasing in severity and frequency, this micro-credential introduces you to the fundamental concepts and frameworks that underpin emergency and disaster management and assists you in identifying the characteristics of natural and human-caused hazards and the key principles of prevention, preparedness, response and recovery. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display on your profile or share on social media.
Disaster events are increasing in severity and frequency and have become a commonplace disruption for many of our global and local communities. The impact of disaster events can have a lasting effect, and as individuals and communities, we each have a role to play in preventing, preparing for, responding to and recovering from such events. This online micro-credential introduces you to the fundamental concepts and frameworks that underpin emergency and disaster management and assists you in identifying the characteristics of natural and human-caused hazards and the key principles of prevention, preparedness, response and recovery.
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
What is a Digital Badge?
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
4 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
On successful completion of this micro-credential, you will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of natural and human-caused hazards and vulnerabilities particular to global, regional and national emergency and disaster contexts
- Explain the principles of Emergency and Disaster Management using the prevention, preparedness, response and recovery (PPRR) model.
There are no specific entry requirements.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.