PDC72513 - Mistakes Leaders Make
|Duration||20 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
Leaders love to be associated with success – the creation of new products, the capture of new markets, new inventions, and innovations. However, sometimes success may be accompanied by failure. Business leaders are those who have been said to fail more often than others, and the product of this failure is success. It is often from monumental mistakes and failures that effective leaders rise and make their most important contributions and achieve their great successes. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
Leaders love to be associated with success – the creation of new products, the capture of new markets, new inventions and innovations. While most people are aware that business leaders have character flaws, less attention is paid to the genuine mistakes and failures that they make. Success is always accompanied by failure. Business leaders are those who have been said to fail more often than others, and the product of this failure is success. Contemporary leadership is dependent on mistake-making, and while not encouraged, the consequence of taking risks can result in positive outcomes. It is often from monumental mistakes and failures that effective leaders rise and make their most important contributions and achieve their great successes. In this online micro-credential, you will examine mistakes and failures as a critical part of contemporary leadership development; and reflect on the impact of mistakes, consequences and outcomes on leadership styles.
This online micro-credential provides a creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
20 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify why contemporary leadership is dependent on mistake-making
- Outline why the consequence of taking risks can result in positive outcomes
- Examine the idea of success and failure, and how this relates to contemporary leadership.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements to enrol in this micro-credential, however, it is relevant to anyone who would like to complete studies in this field, in a flexible and self-paced environment.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.