PDC20106 - Vital Signs - Introduction to Baseline Observations
|Duration||2 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
If you are interested in learning about the basic principles of vital sign measurements and recognition of normal physiological limits, then this micro-credential is for you. You will learn how to identify normal vital signs and recognise physiological health of vital organs. You will also have an understanding of how to interpret the changes in deteriorating health status and the importance of monitoring baseline vital signs of your client. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
This online micro-credential is suitable for health clinicians that have had no or little exposure to performing baseline observations on the client they service. The course addresses some of the basic principles of measurement and recognition of normal physiological limits.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify what are normal vital signs
- Recognise the client's physiological health of their vital organs
- Interpret the changes in a deteriorating health status and the importance of monitoring baseline vital signs.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the healthcare profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.