PDC20107 - Renal Nursing - An Introduction
|Duration||20 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
Are you a healthcare professional who cares for renal patients/clients in a variety of settings, including hospital, rural and remote area based services and community health? If so this micro-credential will allow you to obtain general knowledge of evidence-based practice to enable you to provide adequate care of a renal patient within any treatment modality. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
This online micro-credential aims to meet the needs of healthcare professionals who care for renal patients/clients in a variety of settings including hospital, rural and remote area based services and community health. Students will obtain general knowledge of evidence-based practice to enable them to provide adequate care of a renal patient within any treatment modality.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Outline the structure and main functions of the renal system
- Outline the incidence and/or prevalence of kidney disease
- Identify the risk factors for chronic kidney disease and impairment
- Associate the nursing care to reduce the risks of disease and impairment
- Identify the treatment modalities used to manage acute kidney injury to end-stage kidney disease
- Plan evidence-based nursing care for people with kidney disease using research and best practice.
Online Quizzes and Activity Workbook
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the healthcare profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.