PDC111204 - Strategic Marketing in the Arts
|Duration||6hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
This micro-credential examines the core components of strategic marketing within an arts organisation. Strategic marketing articulates objectives consistent with an organisation’s goals. Marketing strategies explain how organisational resources are used to accomplish arts business objectives, pursue targeted activities, and achieve competitive advantage. Strategic marketing seeks market segmentation and product positioning to develop distribution channels and communications campaigns.
You will explore how an arts marketing strategy is devised, executed and evaluated. This will begin by exploring the fabric of a corporate strategy, followed by the development of a strategic arts marketing strategy and plan. From a value creation perspective, you will evaluate the competitive advantage and potential marketplace for the product your organisation offers. This will involve you exploring how marketing strategies are devised, executed and evaluated. A strategic arts marketing plan is typically derived from an organisations corporate strategy or business plan. A strategic market plan summarises the methods used and the resources required to achieve corporate objectives. In this process, desired customers are targeted and competitors are identified, and the required mix of programs is conceived and adopted to ensure the marketing strategy succeeds. This includes examining how strategic arts market planning connects to an organisations opportunities and resources to identify strategic objectives and focus. An important aspect of the arts marketing strategy roles concerns identifying relevant market segments, targeting, brand prioritising and positioning.
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
What is a Digital Badge?
The Creative Business Champions program has received financial assistance from the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland's Regional Arts Services Network.
Completing this micro-credential will assist artists and employees of small to medium arts organisations to develop and manage their own business. It is available as a pilot program for Queensland artists for 2022.
Structure & Availability
6hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify the role of strategic marketing in positioning an arts business as a leading competitor in the creative industries
- Outline the key drivers of a successful strategic arts marketing approach
- Describe the elements of market research which are applied to identify suitable marketing strategies for implementation in arts business.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access.
You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.