PDC20104 - Stoma Management - Basic Stoma Care
|Duration||1 hour online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
Stoma care in the community setting can be daunting for the client and their support network. It is common for clients to initially feel a little frightened as their body image has shifted and their elimination processes have changed. With good support and stoma care management, they can return to their normal daily activities with confidence.
This online micro-credential is designed to provide basic management of a client with a stoma in the community setting and outlines assessment, management and physical care of the client with a stoma at home.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Structure & Availability
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Gain an understanding of the digestive system and the implications of a stoma
- Knowledge of the management of principles of stoma care
- Identifying management issues of stomas.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.