PDC87397 - Understanding the Dynamics of Coercive Control
|Duration||2 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
If you are looking for an online micro-credential that’s built on contemporary practice knowledge and research on coercive control, look no further. The safety of the survivor/victim is the focus of this course, and you will improve your screening questioning skills to better reflect the lived experience of victims of intimate partner violence. You will also build on your existing practice and knowledge by developing a deeper understanding of the perpetrator’s patterns of violence and how to consider the unique risk posed by perpetrators who use this form of violence. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
This online micro-credential, built on contemporary practice knowledge and research, provides you with the latest information about coercive control. Completing this micro-credential will increase the likelihood that your risk assessment and screening questions will better reflect the lived experience of victims of intimate partner violence. By developing a deeper understanding of the perpetrator's patterns of violence you will build on your existing practice and knowledge about how to assess risk with the perpetrators who use this form of violence while maintaining an unrelenting focus on the safety of the victim/survivor.
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
2 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Describe the facets of coercive control
- Identify a framework which outlines the conceptual understandings of coercive control
- Describe strategies for working with individuals who use coercive control.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, though a foundational understanding of power and control in intimate partner violence is beneficial.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.