Diploma of Business Studies
|Duration||1 year full-time, 2 years part-time|
|Next start term||Term 3, 2023|
|Study mode||On Campus, Online|
The Diploma of Business Studies course is designed to provide you with foundation skills in business and management. The course equips you with knowledge and skills required in business accounting, analytics, economics, legal issues in business, management and marketing; plus the opportunity to explore human resource management, property or financial planning. The course includes seven core units of study and one elective unit which provides you with foundation skills to either undertake further study in a business related bachelor degree or enter into employment. Successful completion of the diploma will provide opportunity for you to receive credit for eight units of study in the Bachelor of Business. You have the option to pathway into the second year of the Bachelor of Business degree or enter into employment. The course provides opportunity for you to undertake part time or online study while balancing your personal and professional commitments.
For me, it is always about choosing a university that best suits me — this is why I chose CQUniversity. I'm doing a business degree, but it covers so many topics that are really important nowadays such as social innovation, technology and information systems and various ethical theories.
Bachelor of Business I Myanmar
Completion of the Diploma of Business Studies will prepare you to pursue employment opportunities in roles such as:
- office administrator
- project officer
- personal assistant
- executive officer.
Structure & Availability
The Diploma of Business Studies consists of eight units including seven core units of study and one elective unit which provides you with foundation skills to either undertake further study in a business-related bachelor degree or enter into employment.
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
CREDIT TRANSFER INFORMATION
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
|Term 3, 2023||Melbourne|
|Term 1, 2024||Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney|
|Term 2, 2024||Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney|
|Term 3, 2024||Melbourne|
|Term 3, 2023||Available Online|
|Term 1, 2024||Available Online|
|Term 2, 2024||Available Online|
|Term 3, 2024||Available Online|
Majors and minors are not applicable to this course.
A recommended study schedule for this course can be obtained from your Student Advisor (Courses and Careers).
Students may determine their own schedule based upon credit transfers and personal study requirements. It is important to note that full-time students usually enrol in 4 units per term and part-time students usually enrol in 2 units per term.
Course Planners are also available for this course to help you schedule your study.
Please note: students must check to see when and where a unit is offered before enrolling. See the unit availability in this handbook for details.
- a secondary qualification (Year 11 and 12, or equivalent), or
- tertiary diploma level qualification, or
- bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years fulltime with a minimum overall GPA 4.0 completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, or United States of America, which will meet the English proficiency.
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 5.5 overall with a minimum 5.0 in each subset; or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Requires 550 or better overall and minimum TWE score of 4.5 (Paper Based Test), or 65 or better overall and no score less than 15 (Internet Based Test); or
- An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components; or
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) - Overall test score of 162 (with no individual band score of less than 154).; or
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) - Overall test score of 162 (with no individual band score of less than 154).; or
- Combined Universities Language Test (CULT) - 70% with no individual component score of less than 15.
Fees & Scholarships
2023 Indicative Fees
|International Indicative First Term Fee||A$15,840|
|International Indicative First Year Fee||A$31,680|
Please note the following important information:
- Fees are in Australian dollars (A$).
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- Fees are based on a full-time study load and the final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course in the same academic year. This estimate assumes a full-time study load of 4 units per term (based on two terms).
- Students not on an Australian student visa can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on-campus in Australia may take no more than 33 per cent of their entire course by online education, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
Please refer to our international course fees page.
How to apply
Our easy to use online application system for international students will guide you through the process of applying for a course at CQUniversity Australia.