Graduate Certificate in Information Technology
|Duration||0.5 years full-time, 1 year part-time|
|Next start term||Term 3, 2023|
|Study mode||On Campus, Online|
Whether you are looking to advance your management career or gain the technical skills to enter the field of IT, the Graduate Certificate in Information Technology is an ideal option to support your career goals. This highly practical course will equip you with current, industry-standard skills in programming, project management, and services management to build your capacity to manage future business challenges in any organisation.
The Graduate Certificate of Information Technology provides you with the opportunity to expand your professional knowledge and skills in information technology (IT).
By completing the course you will gain a broad understanding of IT applications in industry as well as specific skills in programming, information systems analysis and design and project management. These skills will equip and enable you to manage future business challenges and will enhance your employment opportunities.
- Authentic Learning Experiences
- Experienced Teaching Team
- Online or On Campus
- Real-world Learning Facilities
- Seamless Pathways
On completing the Graduate Certificate in Information Technology you will have increased your career advancement prospects and gained a competitive advantage over recent graduates. This course will allow you to pursue a career in a wide variety of roles including:
- developer programmer
- ICT customer support officer
- ICT support technician
- project support officer.
Structure & Availability
The Graduate Certificate in Information Technology requires you to complete a total of four (4) units in areas such as project management concepts, information systems analysis and design, information communication technology and programming principles. You will gain a broad understanding of a range of areas within the field of information technology.
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
CREDIT TRANSFER INFORMATION
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
|Term 3, 2023||Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney|
|Term 1, 2024||Brisbane, Melbourne, Rockhampton, Sydney|
|Term 2, 2024||Brisbane, Melbourne, Rockhampton, Sydney|
|Term 3, 2024||Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney|
|Term 3, 2023||Available Online|
|Term 1, 2024||Available Online|
|Term 2, 2024||Available Online|
|Term 3, 2024||Available Online|
Majors and minors are not applicable to this course.
Domestics and international students please see CQUni Handbook.
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must hold one of the following:
- A completed Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) equivalent Bachelor degree, or higher equivalent qualification; or
- A completed AQF Diploma with a minimum of two years relevant communication and information technology experience*; or
- A minimum of five years of relevant communication and information technology experience*.
*Employment experience must be shown in a letter of employment which is presented on a company letterhead as well as signed and dated by a delegated authority. The letter must contain your full name, position title, duties performed and length of service.
English Language Proficiency Requirements:
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University. Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- A secondary qualification (Year 11 and 12, or equivalent), or
- An Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) diploma level qualification, or
- Bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years fulltime with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
Completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, or United States of America, which will meet the English proficiency.
If you do not satisfy any of the above you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores as below:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 6.0 overall with a minimum 5.5 in each subset; or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Requires 550 or better overall & minimum TWE score of 4.5 (Paper Based Test), or 75 or better overall and no score less than 17 (Internet Based Test); or
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) - Requires an overall score of 54 with no sub-score less than 46; or
- An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the date of commencement of study, and must appear on a single result certificate.
International Students should visit http://www.cqu.edu.au/international for further information.
Each student will be assessed individually.
Fees & Scholarships
2023 Indicative Fees
|International Indicative First Term Fee||A$16,830|
|International Indicative First Year Fee||A$16,830|
Please note the following important information:
- Fees are in Australian dollars (A$).
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- Fees are based on a full-time study load and the final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course in the same academic year. This estimate assumes a full-time study load of 4 units per term (based on two terms).
- Students not on an Australian student visa can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on-campus in Australia may take no more than 33 per cent of their entire course by online education, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
Please refer to our international course fees page.
How to apply
Our easy to use online application system for international students will guide you through the process of applying for a course at CQUniversity Australia.