Associate Degree of Digital Media
|Duration||2 years full-time, 4 years part-time|
Online and Brisbane
|Next start term||Term 1, 2024|
|Study mode||On Campus, Online|
The Associate Degree of Digital Media can prepare you for paraprofessional work within the media and communications industry by providing practical skills and relevant theory that can be applied in a variety of fields associated with design, technology and media.
The course's flexible structure allows you to focus on your individual strengths and interests by pursuing specialisations in Graphic Design, Interactive Media, Screen Production, Animation, or a combination of these areas.
Working within multimedia computer laboratories and production studios, you will learn how to create digital media works using industry-standard software tools and techniques. You will learn how to think critically, solve problems, communicate effectively, and work independently and collaboratively in response to digital media project demands.
The course can be studied on-campus or online, providing maximum flexibility.
The Diploma of Digital Media is an optional exit / interim award within the Associate Degree of Digital Media and the Bachelor of Digital Media.
The Associate Degree of Digital Media is an optional exit / interim award within the Bachelor of Digital Media.
Graduates of the Diploma of Digital Media may articulate into the second year of either the Associate Degree of Digital Media or the Bachelor of Digital Media.
Graduates of the Associate Degree of Digital Media may articulate into the third year of the Bachelor of Digital Media.
- Authentic Learning Experiences
- Industry Relevant
- Real-world Learning Facilities
- Seamless Pathways
What I like about the course is that there are various fields you will learn about technology. The teachers did an excellent job of explaining each lesson.
Bachelor of Digital Media | Philippines
The digital revolution has dramatically changed the way we work, learn, play and communicate. It has created jobs that didn’t exist a decade ago and it has profoundly changed others. People who are skilled in the production and application of digital media are in demand. Completion of the Associate Degree of Digital Media will prepare you to pursue employment opportunities in fields such as:
- web design
- graphic design
- game development
- software development
- audio production
- video production
- film and television post-production
- visual effects
- education and training
Structure & Availability
You are required to complete 16 units including eight core units and two four-unit minors in either graphic design, interactive media, screen production, animation.
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
CREDIT TRANSFER INFORMATION
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
|Term 1, 2024||Brisbane|
|Term 2, 2024||Brisbane|
|Term 1, 2024||Available Online|
|Term 2, 2024||Available Online|
Learn how to execute high-quality motion graphics and visual effects, 3D computer graphics, 3D character design and 3D animation using industry-standard software such as Autodesk Maya and Adobe After Effects.
Graphic Design minor
Build your knowledge of key concepts within visual communication design, print design, contemporary photomedia, and digital communications management. Plus, develop skills and know-how with industry-standard software such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
Interactive Media minor
Explore your curiosity within the revolutionary world of web application development, game development and design, and mobile application development. Plus, you'll learn to use technologies such as the Apache web server, the PHP scripting language, the MySQL database system, and the WordPress content management system.
Screen Production minor
Explore your creativity and storytelling ability with techniques in visual storytelling, video editing and post-production, audio production, writing for the screen, and documentary filmmaking in your minor studies. Plus, you'll develop skills and know-how with industry-standard software such as Adobe Premiere and Adobe Audition.
English (Units 3 & 4, C) or equivalent
English Language Proficiency Requirements
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America, you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- A secondary qualification (Year 11 and 12, or equivalent); or
- An Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) diploma level qualification; or
- Bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years full time with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland or United States of America.
If you do not satisfy any of the above, you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 6.0 with a minimum 5.5 in each subset; or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - requires 550 or better overall and minimum TWE score of 4.5 (Paper Based Test), or 75 or better overall and no score less than 17 (Internet Based Test); or
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) - requires an overall score of 54 with no sub-score less than 46; or
- An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date the the date of commencement of study and must appear on a single result certificate.
International Students should visit http://www.cqu.edu.au/international for further information.
Each student will be assessed individually.
Fees & Scholarships
2023 Indicative Fees
|International Indicative First Term Fee||A$15,600|
|International Indicative First Year Fee||A$31,200|
Please note the following important information:
- Fees are in Australian dollars (A$).
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- Fees are based on a full-time study load and the final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course in the same academic year. This estimate assumes a full-time study load of 4 units per term (based on two terms).
- Students not on an Australian student visa can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on-campus in Australia may take no more than 33 per cent of their entire course by online education, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
Please refer to our international course fees page.
How to apply
Our easy to use online application system for international students will guide you through the process of applying for a course at CQUniversity Australia.