Risks/situations that average students could be expected to meet in their environment. The following risks/situations are regarded as within the normal range of risks/situations, but is not an exhaustive list:
- inability to cope with studies or adjust to family life
- demands of employment (in themselves or as a consequence of promotion), including periods of pressure and being absent temporarily from one's normal place of residence
- tension with or between parents, spouses and other persons closely involved with the student
- demands of sport, clubs (including CQU clubs), all social activities and religious commitments
- need for financial assistance.
These examples of normal risk do not preclude consideration of extreme cases that arise in any of the categories as a result of unexpected situations beyond the student's control. Refer to 'misadventure' in the CQU Glossary.