Thank you for choosing to audition for the Bachelor of Theatre (Technical Theatre) course at CQUniversity Australia. We want each and every applicant to perform to the best of their ability on the audition day and trust that you will enjoy the audition preparation and presentation process. We have prepared the following audition guidelines to help you prepare for your audition.
The Bachelor of Theatre (Technical Theatre) course is only available at CQUniversity's Mackay Ooralea campus.
How to prepare for your on campus interview
To prepare for your interview you should arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled interview time.
You will also need to bring the following documents and extra copies for the interview panel:
- a portfolio of works that can include design drawings for a technical theatre project you have been involved in. This may include scenic design, costume design or lighting design.
- evidence of your work and interest in technical theatre. This may include school or amateur theatre settings.
- headshot photo
- artistic resume
- relevant certificates, licenses or diplomas (e.g. AMEB Grade certificates, RAD Dance certificates etc.)
- any evidence of community work or volunteer activities.
Ensure you place this information with copies in a folder for the interview panel to keep.
You may be asked some follow-up questions during the interview that are based on the information you provide and your portfolio.
What we are looking for is:
- your commitment to becoming a professional theatre worker who can display commitment and imagination
- the extent to which training will reveal your full potential.