The CQUniversity Mackay Ooralea campus was initially established in 1992.
Since merging with CQ TAFE on 1 July 2014, CQUniversity Mackay Ooralea, has grown significantly in size and now includes a purpose built $46 million Trades Training Centre.
The CQUniversity's Mackay Ooralea Campus serves as a base for hundreds of students and staff within the Mackay community. It boasts a wide range of facilities, including lecture theatres and performance theatres, trade training workshops, computer and nursing laboratories, video-conference rooms, recording studios, student accommodation, a bookshop, a refectory, a library, and much more.
- State of the art lecture theatres featuring the latest presentation and audio-visual equipment
- Trades Training Centre including purpose built workshops
- High-tech multimedia labs
- State-of-the-art Medical Imaging and Science Laboratories
- 24 hour computer laboratory access
- Wireless Internet
- Purpose built 200-seat proscenium theatre with full height fly-tower and 17 fly lines on a 12 metre deep stage including professionally equipped lighting and sound
- Music teaching studios and practice rooms
- Recording Studio
- Outdoor gym
- Photocopying, scanning and printing facilities
- State of the art library facilities with access to an extensive array of online databases and special use drama and music theatre collections so students are able to source the latest information in their chosen fields
- Student support services
- A food outlet on campus provides a variety of food and drinks; drink and food items can also be obtained from vending machines
- Table Tennis Table/Pool Table/Gaming Equipment
- On site accommodation at Mackay Residential College
- Extensive car parking
- Bendigo Bank ATM
- State-of-the-art Engineering Precinct (Term 1 2016).