|Year of Study||First year; 2nd year; 3rd year; 4th/Final year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Term 2 Support Scholarship successful applicants must:
- as defined under the HEPPP funding eligibility criteria at the time of initial enrolment with CQUniversity, be identified as persons,
- from low socio-economic backgrounds (as defined by SEIFA)
- living in regional or remote areas (as defined by ASGS)
- indigenous students who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- living with or caring for someone with a Disability, Illness, Medical or Mental Health Condition
- be enrolled or intending to enrol in an undergraduate course as the primary course of study in Term 2, 2023:
- Associate Degree;
- Advanced Diploma;
- Diploma (higher education)
- be studying with a minimum term study load of 12 credit points or more
- be enrolled at Census date in Term 2, 2023
- be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or holder of an Australian Permanent Visa*
- not be currently receiving another CQUniversity scholarship of similar or higher value
- not have received a CQUniversity scholarship in Term 1, 2023, excluding the following:
- CQUniCares Start-Up Bursary
- CQUniCares Travel Bursary
- CQUniCares Mandatory Checks Bursary
- CQUniCares Technology Bursary
- Dare to Be Deadly Technology Bursary
- Dare to Be Deadly Bookshop Bursary
* Must have a permanent home address in Australia
Applicants are required to:
- Provide a 500-word personal statement addressing the question:
How would a CQUniCares Term 2 Support Scholarship assist with your studies?
Please note a limited number of scholarships are available, all scholarships may be exhausted prior to the advertised closing date.
Students are assessed based on the eligibility requirements of their application. As per the Higher Education Participation and Partnerships Program (HEPPP) Funding requirements, the funds provided as part of this program are directed – exclusively – towards students from low socio-economic (SES) backgrounds (as defined by SEIFA), persons from regional areas and remote areas (as defined by ASGS), Indigenous persons, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and who identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and students who are living with or caring for someone with a Disability, Illness, Medical or Mental Health Condition.
All requests for further information to support applications will be sent to the student email account. Failure to supply further information will deem the application incomplete and will not be considered.
Payment of scholarship
The value of the CQUniCares Term 2 Support Scholarship will be paid in week 6 of term following post-Census date eligibility checks.
Payments will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
As a scholarship recipient, you will be asked to participate in a feedback survey. You may also be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media or invited to attend events such as Orientation or Open Day.
The Scholarships Team are unable to provide updates to students on the progress of their individual application until all assessments are completed.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written Submission
All requests for further information to support applications will be sent to the student email account.
To apply for a CQUniCares Term 2 Support Scholarship:
Complete a HEPPP-Funded Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here:
- For Current students (applicants who already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
Complete applications must be received by 10 am AEST on the closing date. Please ensure all supporting documents are attached to the application as incomplete applications will not be considered.Students will be notified of the outcome of their application via their student email accounts only. Decisions are final. The successful applicants are required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCQU account (refer to instructions) for payment to occur. The value of the CQUniCares Term 2 Support Scholarship will be paid in week 6 of term following post Census date eligibility checks. Payments will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.