After your application to study at CQUniversity has been assessed and is successful, you or your agent (if an agent assisted you with your application) will receive an Offer of Admission via email.
Please advise your agent or our Admissions team through our iStart application portal.
You have met all requirements. With a full offer, you can accept and enrol for the term of the course you have applied for.
If you received a conditional offer, you must meet the condition/s stated in your offer. Conditions may include proof of academic and English proficiency requirements e.g. certified copies of academic transcripts. You must provide all supporting documents.
Some students may be requested to provide additional documents to show that they have the financial capacity to support themselves while in Australia and that they are genuine students before their acceptance is finalised.
A packaged offer is a combination of offers that requires you to complete the English course or another preliminary course before commencing your main course. You must accept the entire package stated in the Offer of Admission.
Examples of a packaged offer:
- English language → diploma → bachelor
- English language → postgraduate course
If you are not successful for your first course preference, we will assess you for the next preference as specified in your application form or recommend a pathway course.
If you have not been successful for admission, you will receive an email advising that you have not met the screening or entry requirements, and are therefore, unsuccessful for admission.
To accept your Offer of Admission to study at CQUniversity, please follow the steps outlined below:
1. Read the Offer of Admission to ensure all details, including your course and commencement date, are correct.
If you need to defer your offer, you must contact the International Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to change course, you will need to submit a new application for re-assessment.
2. Meet the conditions, if any on your Offer of Admission.
3. Carefully read and understand the details of your International Student Contract before accepting it. You will need to log into iStart to accept your offer online.
4. Refer to our refund policy: Refund and Excess Payments (Credit Balances) Policy, Principles and Procedures.
5. Once you have logged into iStart and accepted your offer, you will then be provided with payment details.
There are three options:
- If you have an offshore account, please pay through the Flywire (formerly peerTransfer) payment portal. Once you have paid the fees the receipt will automatically be sent to the University to process; or
- If you have an onshore account please pay through the BPAY payment portal. Once you have paid the fees the receipt will automatically be sent to the University to process; or
- If you would like to pay in person by credit card – please visit your CQUniversity campus and pay in person, or call your particular campus and pay over the phone. A copy of your receipt must be scanned and sent to the International Admissions Team at email@example.com to process.
For all options, you must ensure that all conditions of your offer have been met before a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) can be issued.
6. If you have requested that CQUniversity arrange your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) please note that Bupa is CQUniversity’s preferred provider of OSHC.
Students are encouraged to download the myBupa app to manage their OSHC account.
After CQUniversity has received notice that you have accepted your offer (signed acceptance letter and required deposit), received documents to meet any conditions, processed your payment and met Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE), we will email a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) to you or your agent (if an agent assisted you with your application).
If you are applying from South Asia, please note it may take up to 14 days to assess if you have met the GTE requirements.
A COE is required for your application for a student visa to study and live in Australia legally. Follow the instructions on how to apply for a student visa or contact your local Australian Government overseas office to find out how to apply and what documents you need to support your application.
Studying in Australia
CQUniversity staff will be able to provide advice on airport pick-up and short and long-term accommodation options. You can find out more about this, including enrolment and orientation on our Planning Your Arrival page.