The Creating Stage of Partnering - PDC56469
This online Short Course forms part of the Partnering Essentials™ partnering skills course designed by DIXON Partnering Solutions. You can enrol in this course individually or in combination with other short courses to form part of the Partnering Essentials™ course.
The focus of each course is on a specific topic related to Cross Sector Partnering. The Partnering Essentials™ Course (10 courses) is equivalent to the 2-Day face-to-face program delivered by DIXON Partnering Solutions and on successful completion will enable the candidate to proceed to undertake the Certificate in Cross Sector Partnering.
This course explores the Creating Stage of Partnering in more detail and focuses on what you can do in the early stages of your partnering process to ensure you have a solid foundation in place. We will review the overall partnering framework explained in course three and delve deeper into the specific activities and most importantly the key questions you need to ask in this early Creating Stage of Partnering.
The fee for this Short Course will be $90.00.
Standard Course StructureDuration: 2 hours
- Identify the key activities of the creating stage of a cross sector partnering process: engage, explore and agree
- Apply the creating tool FAN>FOCUS
- Describe how to assess and build your own organisation’s capacity to partner
- Outline how to assess and approach potential partners
- Describe strategies to set up an effective first meeting of the partners
- Identify how the dynamics of a first meeting can work by viewing and reviewing a role play with individuals representing four different sectors
- Outline techniques for building buy-in of the partners and for building a case for partnering within your own organisation.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in organisations that are involved in working together with other organisations.
The Partnering Essentials™ online courses are designed for people at all levels within organisations who:
- Are directly involved in working with other organisations or sectors
- Want to partner with others and don't know where to start
- Are looking to increase the value of their partnerships
- Want to resolve conflicts between partners
- Are not sure how to stop a partnership and move on
- Want to partner faster with less cost and reduced risk.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded 2 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours and a co-branded CQUniversity and DIXON Partnering Solutions Certificate of Completion.