PDC20095 - Providing Quality Aged Care
At a glance
This online Short Course in providing quality aged care, consists of nine (9) short courses covering topics in aged care and quality standards in health care provision.
The fee for this short course will be $240.00.
|Intake Dates||Year Round|
Hours of study
This course provides Professional Development for health professionals.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded 9 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours and a CQUniversity Certificate of Completion.
The course comprises of the following 9 short courses:
- National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards
- Healthy Ageing – An Introduction
- Wound Management – History, Myths and Traditions
- Reporting Elder Abuse in the Community Setting
- Sexual Health in Australia – Sex for Seniors
- Dealing with Aggression – An Introduction
- Communication at the End of Life
- Effective Communication in Health Care
- Writing Progress Notes – An Introduction
These courses can be completed as individual courses or completed within this bundled course.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Identify the Standards of the National Safety and Quality Health Service and the relevance to nursing practice
- Develop an understanding of the profound implications of healthy ageing
- Enhance the clinician's understanding of wound management throughout history
- Develop the foundations of what elder abuse encompasses
- Recognise the importance of sexuality in the older population
- Develop an understanding of the influence and purpose of aggressive behaviours
- Identify strategies to begin end of life conversations
- Identify key concepts in health care communication
- Outline the principles of reflective writing.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the healthcare profession.
Self-paced online study with a Multiple Choice Quiz (MCQ).