Infection Control and Prevention - Clinical Health Setting
At a glance
This short two hour CPD module discusses the infection control and prevention requirements to reduce the risks of exposure to the variety of virulent microorganisms found within health care facilities.
Total cost of this course is $45 via PayPal link. Direct access to the course is at http://cpheonline.cqu.edu.au/
|Intake Dates||Year Round|
Hours of study
This is a two hour course completed online.
Successful completion of this course is awarded two CPD hours.
To maintain a safe health care environment, infection control and prevention practices are directed at controlling or eliminating sources of infection. As a health care professional, you are responsible for protecting the individuals you care for and yourself.
- Relate the relevance of Healthcare-acquired Infections (HAIs)
- Identify the common pathogenic agents of infection
- Outline the chain of infection and the infection control and prevention practices that break the chain
- Discuss the modes of transmission of pathogens and the strategies used to interrupt transmission
- Identify standard precautions of infection control and prevention used in health care facilities to decrease the risks of transmitting pathogens
Access to this course is through our Learning Management System at http://cpheonline.cqu.edu.au/
There are no resources required for this course.
There are no prerequisites required for completion of this course.
You will be required to complete an online course and quiz.