AUR30316 - Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology
At a glance
For PT Thiess Employees (in Indonesia), this qualification is delivered in partnership with PT Thiess Contractors. Employees should contact: Tel: +62 21 2754 9999 or email@example.com
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Is what I already know taken into account?
Yes. Your history of study, skills and experience does matter. Consideration is given to your prior life and work experiences as well as formal and informal training. This may be applied using the national standard for Mutual Recognition or through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Documentary evidence will be requested.
Structure and assessment
Standard Course Structure
- Follow environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace (AURAEA002)
- Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace (AURASA002)
- Use and maintain electrical test equipment in an automotive workplace (AURETK002)
- Solder electrical wiring and circuits (AURETR006)
- Apply knowledge of automotive electrical circuits and wiring systems (AURETR007)
- Install vehicle lighting and wiring systems (AURETR009)
- Repair wiring harnesses and looms (AURETR010)
- Test and repair basic electrical circuits (AURETR012)
- Diagnose and repair spark ignition engine management systems (AURETR023)
- Diagnose and repair compression ignition engine management systems (AURETR024)
- Test, charge and replace batteries and jump-start vehicles (AURETR025)
- Install ancillary electronic systems and components (AURETR027)
- Diagnose and repair instruments and warning systems (AURETR028)
- Diagnose and repair charging systems (AURETR029)
- Diagnose and repair starting systems (AURETR030)
- Diagnose and repair ignition systems (AURETR031)
- Diagnose and repair automotive electrical systems (AURETR032)
- Apply knowledge of petrol and diesel engine operation (AURETR035)
- Diagnose and repair electronic body management systems (AURETR043 )
- Carry out diagnostic procedures (AURTTA018)
- Remove and replace electrical units and assemblies (AURETR008)
- Install basic ancillary electrical systems and components (AURETR011)
- Read and apply vehicle wiring schematics and drawings (AURETR016)
- Diagnose and repair network electronic control systems (AURETR020)
- Inspect, service and repair electronic management, monitoring and tracking systems (AURETR021)
- Remove, replace and program electrical and electronic units and assemblies (AURETR026)
- Diagnose and repair integrated engine and transmission management systems (AURETR044)
- Service air conditioning and HVAC systems (AURETU003)
- Diagnose and repair air conditioning and HVAC systems (AURETU004)
- Retrofit and modify air conditioning and HVAC systems (AURETU005)
- Inspect and service engines (AURTTE004)
- Use and maintain tools and equipment in an automotive workplace (AURTTK002)
To view more information about these units, as well as the suggested study plan, please visit the handbook.
Fees and scholarships
The Queensland Government determines the schedule set by CQUniversity. Additional fees may be charged for printed materials, protective clothing and tools etc. A full copy of all regulations associated with VET fees can be accessed from the Queensland Government Legislation website.
All fees must be paid to finalise enrolment or a payment arrangement entered into. You will be liable for all payments, even if you discontinue enrolment, subject to the Refund Policy. Debt recovery action will be taken to recover outstanding fees. Please select from the following:
- VET Student Loans
VET Student Loans will commence from 1 January 2017 and is an interest free Australian Government income contingency loan that assists eligible full fee paying students to pay their Tuition Fees.
- VET Government funded programs
The cost of these programs is based on a student contribution fee. A concession may be available in some situations. Additional resource/material costs will vary from program to program.
- VET fee-for-service programs (full fee paying)
These are competitively priced full-fee paying programs which do not attract concessions.
Please refer to the scholarship pages for more information.
How to Apply
How do I secure an apprenticeship or traineeship?
Traineeships and apprenticeships need to be secured with an employer before you can start your study. Your employer will then work with CQUniversity to pull together the training program that is right for you. If you would like to become an apprentice or trainee, visit the Australian Government Australian Apprenticeships website and follow the steps to become an apprentice.