Story-Care and the Older Person - PDC64762
If you wish to advance your knowledge and skills for aged care clinical placement this online micro-credential is for you! It focuses on clinical placement in aged care and explores the key psycho-social concepts of person-centred care and developing narrative competence and storytelling skills. You will explore creative strategies to operationalise the power of stories to assist older people by working through case studies and learning about ongoing innovations in the field. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
8 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
This online micro-credential develops psycho-social skills important to working with older people. It is aimed at students who wish to advance their knowledge and skills for aged care clinical placement. The micro-credential focuses on clinical placement in aged care and explores the key psycho-social concepts of person-centred care, narrative competence and storytelling skills. Learners are able to assess their own knowledge of aged-care and capabilities in narrative competence. On the topic of aged care and narrative competence, learners explore creative strategies to put into practice the power of stories in working with and for older people.
Person-centred care, narrative skills, elements of compelling stories, and the benefits of story-sharing for clients, clinicians, students, and the community will be explored.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
8 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of narrative concepts and techniques used to work with older people
- Explain how stories are used to create meaning and direction in the older person care context
- Analyse a range of stories used in the older person context.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work or study in nursing, the social sciences or other health professions.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.