Westpac Bicentennial Foundation - Young Technologists Scholarship
The Westpac Bicentennial Foundation – Young Technologists Scholarship will help you unleash your passion for technology and innovation, and is a young innovators dream. Open to anyone under 26 years of age, this scholarship provides budding technologists with the exposure and connections they’ll need to turn their passion for innovation into a rewarding career. You will have the chance to learn from industry leaders within Westpac Group, connect with like-minded individuals through industry-related events, and expand your creative capacity through higher education. You’ll also become lifelong members of the Westpac 100 Scholars Network. This exclusive network offers emerging technologists a unique opportunity to collaborate with some of Australia’s brightest sparks and inspiring game-changers, forever. See more about the scholarship: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mCbh-wwOT4
Scholarship Value: Up to $25,000 ($5,000/year paid as $2,500 in Term 1 & 2)
Length of Scholarship: Up to 5 years
Number Available: 2 (Two)
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||Full time|
To be eligible to receive The Westpac Bicentennial Foundation Young Technologists Scholarship an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident*
- Be 26 years of age or below at time of enrolment
- Commencing full-time study at CQUinversity in term 1 2018 either in one of the following courses or in a dual degree which includes one of the following:
- Be enrolled at CQUniversity at Census Date of Term 1 2018 on a full time basis
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
- Demonstrate an interest in enhancing Australia’s technology and/or digital landscape via written statement to be included in scholarship application
* Must have a permanent home address in Australia
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarshipwhich is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisationexternal to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealthand Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will also be assessed on the following:
- Academic achievements (OP score between 1 and 7 inclusive); or evidence of exemplary work and/or community achievements
- A written application which includes a personal statement (no more than 500 words) which outlines the applicant’s interest and ideas in enhancing Australia’s technology and/or digital landscape
- Additional weighting will be awarded to gender and diversity factors, for example, being a female or coming from a low-income family. Please provide a written statement outlining these factors as well as evidence to support your statement.
- Please also advise in your written application if you identify as having a disability, speak a language other than English or identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
In addition to the eligibility requirements, the successful applicant/s must:
- maintain at least a GPA of 5.0 throughout the duration of their degree
- be studying a full-time course load (18 credit points or more) each term (term 1 & 2) throughout the course for which they were awarded the scholarship
- remain enrolled in the course as at Census Date of each Term (Terms 1 & 2 only)
- as a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day
- be an active member of the Westpac Scholars alumni which includes commitment for at least the first 12 months after the scholarship to actively share the experience and attend alumni events
- provide a report/story with photos for the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation to use for reporting a promotional purposes
- be willing to attend events organised by the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation
- agree to membership of the Westpac Scholars LinkedIn community
- agree to authorise release of results to the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation
- provide updates on experience, both academic and additional
- be willing to promote the scholarship to prospective CQUniversity students
Please note that failure to meet the ongoing eligibility criteria may result in the Scholarship being revoked.
Payment of the Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 and Term 2 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payments will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievement or evidence of exemplary work and/or community achievements
- Be registered with CQUniversity Inclusion and Accessibility or have documents that outline your physical disability or medical illness which has been formally diagnosed.
- Evidence of low income. Possible required documents:
- Centrelink Income Statement – current (How to obtain a Centrelink Income Statement)
- 3 current payslips – including partner’s income if partnered or parent/s if you are under 22 years of age
- Latest Notice of Assessment (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- Most recent Tax Return (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- 3 months of personal or business bank account statements
To apply for the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation Youth Technologists Scholarship:
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation required
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel consisting of representatives from the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation and CQUniversity will be formed to determine the successful applicants. Shortlisted candidates may be invited to an interview (either face-to-face or through telephone/video link). A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Westpac Bicentennial Foundation
The Westpac Bicentennial Scholarship Program supports people with the drive to shape Australia. It aims to develop leaders from a variety of backgrounds who are focused on applying innovative solutions to the challenges and opportunities facing Australia.
Visit www.westpac.com.au/200years for more information on the Westpac Bicentennial Scholarship Program