The Whitson Dawson Youth Business Scholarship
Whitson Dawson Youth Business Scholarship is to support students with a passion for business, finance and accounting. The scholarship looks to provide financial help to students with a genuine need when they begin their studies, so they can truly excel on their journey.
Scholarship Value: $1000 annually
Length of Scholarship: Three Years
Number Available: 1
Opening Date: 30 October 2014
Closing Date: 30 January 2015
|Year of Study||Future/First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander; South Sea Islander; Non Indigenous|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the Whitson Dawson Youth Business Scholarship, applicants must be:
* A CQUniversity Undergraduate student commencing their studies in Term 1 2015 in a Business, Accounting or Financial Planning related program
* Have a residential postcode in the Mackay Region (4737 - 4803)
* An Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa
* Enrolled at CQUniversity at Census Date of Term 1 2015
* Not be receiving another Donor Funded* Scholarship
*Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and provide supporting documentation as evidence of the following:
* Financial Hardship or low income
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicant must:
* Maintain satisfactory academic progress throughout the duration of their degree
* Remain enrolled in the program as at Census Date of each Term
* Participate in publicity events to promote the scholarship including attending any recognition ceremonies.
Payment of the Scholarship
Payment will be made to the successful applicant after Census Date of Term 1 of each year. Payment will be for $1,000 and credited electronically to the student's nominated bank account.
To apply for the Whitson Dawson Youth Business Scholarship:
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines
- Complete a Scholarship Application Form
- Ensure all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- Submit your Scholarship Application to the Student Participation & Wellbeing Centre by the closing date – refer to the Scholarship Application Form for submission options
Please Note: Complete Applications must be received at the Student Participation & Wellbeing Centre, Scholarships Office by the closing date.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel consisting of representatives from Whitson Dawson will be formed to short list applicants. Applicants who are shortlisted will then be interviewed by the selection panel and a successful applicant determined. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application within 6 weeks of the closing date of the Scholarship. In cases where this is not possible, the students will be informed of a revised date within this 6 week period.