Regional Womens’ Network CQ Inc CQUniversity SUN Bursary
The bursary will provide recognition and financial assistance to one student enrolled into CQUniversity’s SUN program.
Scholarship Value: $500
Length of Scholarship: One off payment
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Region||Emerald; Rockhampton; Yeppoon|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive The Regional Womens’ Network CQ Inc CQUniversity SUN Bursary, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or wishing to enrol in any of the Start Uni Now (SUN) program units;
- Be residing in the Rockhampton, Livingston Shire or Central Highlands Regional Councils;
- Demonstrate low personal/family income;
- Not be receiving any Donor Funded** Scholarship.
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission addressing the following:
- How will this bursary assist you to be what you want to be?
As a donor bursary recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships and Bursaries program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payment will be $500 and credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
- Written submission
- Evidence of low income (please see below)
Possible required documents:
- Centrelink Income Statement – current (How to obtain a Centrelink Income Statement)
- 3 current payslips – including partner’s income if partnered or parent/s if you are under 22 years of age
- Latest Notice of Assessment (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- Most recent Tax Return (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- 3 months of personal or business bank account statements
Please note if you are under the age of 22 and not deemed "Independent" by Centrelink we will require income documents from your parent/s.
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation required
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
Selection of the successful recipient will be determined by a selection panel made of representatives from RWNCQ and CQUniversity SUN program. A bursary will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Regional Womens’ Network CQ Inc
The Regional Womens' Network CQ Inc is a contagious forum empowering all women to grow and contribute.
For more info, visit http://rwncq.wildapricot.org