Regional Womens’ Network CQ Inc CQUniversity SUN Bursary
The bursary will provide recognition and financial assistance to students enrolled into CQUniversity’s SUN program.
Scholarship Value: $250
Length of Scholarship: Once off
Opening Date: 15 June 2018
Closing Date: 11 July 2018
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Region||Emerald; Rockhampton; Yeppoon|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive The Regional Womens’ Network CQ Inc CQUniversity SUN Bursary, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or wishing to enrol in any of the Start Uni Now (SUN) program units;
- Be residing in the Rockhampton, Livingston Shire or Central Highlands Regional Councils;
- Demonstrate low personal/family income;
- Not be receiving any Donor Funded** Scholarship.
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives;
- Extracurricular activities – especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership:
- Life experiences
As a donor bursary recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships and Bursaries program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Bursary
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census date Term 2 2018 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payment will be $250 and credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
- Written submission
- Evidence of low income (please see below)
Possible required documents:
- Centrelink Income Statement – current (How to obtain a Centrelink Income Statement) if you or your parents are in receipt of Centrelink
- 3 current payslips – if you and/or your parents are employed
- Latest Notice of Assessment - If you or your parents are in receipt of Business Income
- Most recent Tax Return - If you or your parents are in receipt of Business Income
- 3 months of personal or business bank account statements - if you or your parents are in receipt of any other income such as shares, investment property, superannuation etc
Please note if you are under the age of 22 and deemed "Independent" by Centrelink we will not require income documents from your parent/s.
- Read and understand the bursary information above, specifically the eligibility, selection criteria and supporting documentation needed for your online application.
- Applications will open at 9am AEST on 15th June, 2018 and ALL applications must be submitted online by the closing date, 5pm AEST, Wednesday, 11th July, 2018.
- Complete an online Scholarship Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is attached as outlined above. Further information may be required to assess your application. These requests for further information will be sent directly to student email accounts (current students) or nominated email accounts for future students who are not yet enrolled. Responses to requests for further information must be received before 5pm AEST on the closing date. Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For current students (who already have a Student ID number), click here to apply.
For future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer), click here to apply
How will I know the outcome of my application?
Selection of the successful recipient will be determined by a selection panel made of representatives from RWNCQ and CQUniversity SUN program. A bursary will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Regional Womens’ Network CQ Inc
The Regional Womens' Network CQ Inc is a contagious forum empowering all women to grow and contribute.
For more info, visit http://rwncq.wildapricot.org