Connellan Airways Trust CQUniversity Scholarships
The scholarships will provide recognition and financial assistance to two students residing in Australian Outback communities.
Scholarship Value: $5,000 ($2,500/Term for Term 1 2018 & Term 1 2018)
Length of Scholarship: 1 (One) year
Number Available: 2 (Two) A minimum of 1 Scholarships will be awarded to students who demonstrate low personal/family income.
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Year of Study||First Year; Continuing (2nd year or greater); 3rd year or greater|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander; South Sea Islander; Non Indigenous|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||Full time|
- Be a CQUniversity undergraduate student in any area of study;
- Be studying a full‐time term study load (18 credit points or more) in Terms 1 & 2, 2018, either on‐campus or by distance;
- Reside at a permanent home address in an Outback location*;
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa*;
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship.
* Must have a permanent home address in an Outback Australian community. To confirm if your address is likely to fit the criteria, please refer to the following Australian Government resource - http://www.doctorconnect.gov.au/internet/otd/Publishing.nsf/Content/locator. Communities categorised as 'remote' or 'very remote' are eligible. Addresses in 'outer regional' areas may be considered in some circumstances.
- Career Aspirations and personal profile (please demonstrate if you experience low personal/family income)
- Tell us about your community and the types of services that are available
- How will this scholarship assist you in better accessing educational services not readily available in your Outback community?
- How will this scholarship assist you in better supporting your Outback community?
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity and The Connellan Airways Trust Scholarships programs by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events organised by CQUniversity or the Trust.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 and Term 2 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payments will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled with a full-time study load as at Census Date in Term 2
- Written submission
- Evidence of low income (please see below)
Possible required documents:
- Centrelink Income Statement – current (How to obtain a Centrelink Income Statement)
- 3 current payslips – including partner’s income if partnered or parent/s if you are under 22 years of age
- Latest Notice of Assessment (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- Most recent Tax Return (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- 3 months of personal or business bank account statements
Please note if you are under the age of 22 and not deemed "Independent" by Centrelink we will require income documents from your parent/s.
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation required
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
Selection of the successful recipients will be determined by a selection panel made of representatives from The Connellan Airways Trust and CQUniversity. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Connellan Airways Trust
The Connellan Airways Trust (CAT) is a national not-for-profit organisation established by E.J. Connellan to assist people who reside in outback Australia with financial support for any worthwhile project, particularly involving education, communication, transport and health services.
Grants are given to eligible applicants living in outback Australia who are selected by the Board of Directors at their meetings in March, June, September and December of each year.
The annual E J Connellan Award of up to $20,000 provides an opportunity for people living in outback Australia to undertake further study, research, invention or passionate endeavours that might not be possible otherwise.
The annual Roger Connellan Award of up to $20,000 provides an opportunity for people living in outback Australia to undertake skill development programs in a recognized aviation field excluding initial licensing.
Since CAT’s formation in 1981, over 3 million has been provided to people in the Outback.
The Connellan Airways Trust
Freecall 1800 733810