Queensland Country Credit Union Scholarship
A scholarship to provide recognition and financial assistance to a student who holds a relationship with Queensland Country Credit Union.
Scholarship Value: Up to $10,000
Length of Scholarship: One or Two Years (based on study load)
Opening Date: 15 October 2018
Closing Date: 11 January 2019
|Study Level||Diploma; Advanced Diploma; Associate Degree; Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||2nd year; 3rd year|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive a CQUniCares Queensland Country Credit Union Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to be enrolled at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2019
- Be studying in 2nd or 3rd year of an Undergraduate course
- Be an Australian Citizen with a permanent home address in Australia
- Be a Member of Queensland Country Credit Union and include your member number on your written submission
- Not be an employee nor an immediate family member (parents, spouses, siblings, children) of Queensland Country Credit Union or Queensland Country Health Fund
- Be enrolled at Census date in Term 1, 2019
- Not be in receipt of another Donor Funded** Scholarship
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship available to CQUniversity students, which is funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships).
Applicants will be assessed on the application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following criteria:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 4.0 each Term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date of each term (Terms 1 & 2 only)
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census date Term 1 2019 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 and Term 2 each year following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payment amount is based on study load as follows:
$5,000/term full-time term study load (18 credit points or more)
$2,500/term part-time term study load (12 credit points or less)
Payments will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission including QCCU Membership Number
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
To apply for the Queensland Country Credit Union Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) click here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Complete Applications must be received by the Student Life and Wellbeing Centre, Scholarships Office by 5pm AEST on the closing date.
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
Selection of the successful recipient will be determined by a selection panel made of representatives from the scholarship donor and CQUniversity. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Queensland Country Credit Union
Queensland Country Credit Union has been helping Queenslanders achieve their financial goals for over 45 years. From humble beginnings in Mount Isa in 1971, the Credit Union has grown to the second largest Member owned financial institution in Queensland and is proud to have its Head Office still based in regional Queensland. As a Member owned organisation, all profits generated are put back in to the business and community. They do this through grant programs, sponsorships, continually improving services and technology and offering their Members lower rates.
They provide a full range of competitive financial services and today service over 70,000 Members with 29 branches, two agencies and a Contact Centre based in regional Queensland. They are proud to be a part of the communities they serve. Find out more about Queensland Country at www.qccu.com.au