CQUniCares Adam Scott Foundation Scholarship
This scholarship fully funds the tuition and amenities fees of a deserving first year student who, without this support, would not be able to attend university. Recipients can enrol in any academic discipline and will receive support for the duration of their course.
Scholarship Value: (Up to $50,000) Full payment of course and amenities fees as well as a $1,000 once off grant per term to assist with additional educational expenses
Length of Scholarship: Duration of course
Opening Date: 15 October 2018
Closing Date: 11 January 2019
|Study Level||Bachelor; Undergraduate|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Adam Scott Foundation Scholarship an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2019
- Commencing studies in any Bachelor course
- Be able to provide evidence of low personal/family income or financial need
- Be studying and residing in Queensland
- Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa*
- Be enrolled at Census date Term 1, 2019
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
Payment of the Scholarship
The value of the CQUniCares Adam Scott Foundation Scholarship includes:
- Full tuition fees
- Full Student Services & Amenities Fee (SSAF)
- $1,000 one-off grant per term to assist with any additional educational costs such as stationery, textbooks, field trips, residential schools or placements.
Payment of the $1,000 grant will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of each term of study following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payments will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2019 to avoid delays.
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicant/s must:
- Maintain at least a GPA of 4.0 throughout the duration of their degree
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date of each term (Term 3 optional)
- Recipients are not eligible to defer their scholarship
- As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Please note that failure to meet the continuing eligibility criteria may result in the scholarship being revoked.
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Evidence of financial need (please see below)
- Centrelink Income Statement – current (How to obtain a Centrelink Income Statement)
- 3 current payslips – including partner’s income if partnered or parent/s if you are under 22 years of age
- Latest Notice of Assessment (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- Most recent Tax Return (if you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- 3 months of personal or business bank account statements (if you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
Possible required documents:
Please note if you are under the age of 22 and not deemed "Independent" by Centrelink we will require income documents from your parent/s.
To apply for the CQUniCares Adam Scott Foundation Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) click here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel will be formed to determine the successful applicant in each instance. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.