CQUniCares Adam Scott Foundation Scholarship
This Scholarship fully funds the tuition and amenities fees of a deserving first year student who, without this support, would not be able to attend university. Recipients can enrol in any academic discipline and will receive support for the duration of their course. The Scholarship will also fully support expenses associated with living on campus (board and food) at the Mackay or Rockhampton Student Residences, if required by the successful recipient. Alternatively, if the student chooses not to live on campus and undertakes study by distance education, a laptop computer will be provided.
Scholarship Value: (Up to $50,000) Full payment of course and amenities fees
Length of Scholarship: Duration of one course
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Year of Study||Future/First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander; South Sea Islander; Non Indigenous|
|Study Region||Biloela; Brisbane; Bundaberg; Cairns; Emerald; Gladstone; Mackay; Noosa; Rockhampton; Townsville; Yeppoon|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive The Adam Scott Foundation Scholarship an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing studies in ANY CQUniversity Bachelor course in Term 1 2018; and
- Be able to provide evidence of low personal/family income or financial need
- Be studying from and maintain a permanent home address in Queensland
- Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa*
- Be able to demonstrate educational aspirations;
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission (of no more than 500 words) addressing the following:
- Describe your career/education goals; and
- How this scholarship will help me to achieve my career/educational goals
Payment of the Scholarship
The value of the CQUniCares Adam Scott Foundation Scholarship includes:
- Full tuition fees
- Full Student Services & Amenities Fee (SSAF)
- $1,000 one-off grant per term to assist with any additional educational costs such as stationary, textbooks, field trips, residential schools or placements.
Payment of the $1,000 grant will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of each term of study following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payments will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2018 to avoid delays.
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicant/s must:
- Maintain at least a GPA of 4.0 throughout the duration of their degree
- Remain enrolled in the program as at Census Date of each Term (Term 3 optional)
- Recipients are not eligible to defer their scholarship
- As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
- Written submission
- Evidence of low income (please see below)
- Centrelink Income Statement – current (How to obtain a Centrelink Income Statement)
- 3 current payslips – including partner’s income if partnered or parent/s if you are under 22 years of age
- Latest Notice of Assessment (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- Most recent Tax Return (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- 3 months of personal or business bank account statements
Possible required documents:
Please note if you are under the age of 22 and not deemed "Independent" by Centrelink we will require income documents from your parent/s.
To apply for the Adam Scott Foundation Scholarship:
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation required
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How will I know the outcome of my application?
A selection panel will be formed to determine the successful applicant in each instance. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.