Periodisation for Periods in the Fitness Setting - PDC59198
As a fitness professional, imagine if you knew the secrets to easily enhance your client’s health and fitness goals, just by gaining an understanding of the different phases of the menstrual cycle. If you want to find out more, such as how to develop a toolkit of questions and suggestions to create an empathetic and safe environment for female clients, and create a monthly program to increase hypertrophy of muscles, then this online micro-credential is for you. Learn how hormone changes and ovulation affects the different phases of the menstrual cycle, and how these changes significantly influence the body’s reaction to exercise. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
4 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
The menstrual cycle is clearly divided into different phases according to hormone changes and ovulation. These changes significantly influence the body’s reaction to exercise. Imagine if you knew the secret to easily enhance your client’s health and fitness goals, just by asking what phase of their menstrual cycle they are in? This online micro-credential clarifies the confusion around a woman’s menstrual cycle and how each phase relates to muscle hypertrophy. Using a case study you will be able to create a program bespoke to your client needs and in alignment with their cycle.
This micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
4 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Gain a clear understanding of the different phases of the menstrual cycle
- Develop a toolkit of questions and suggestions to create an empathetic and safe environment for female clients
- Understand how to easily create a monthly program to increase hypertrophy of muscles – periodisation of periods
- Define appropriate communication to this client group within your scope as a health and fitness professional.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this micro-credential should work or study in the health and/or fitness profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.