Pelvic Floor Proficiency in the Fitness Setting - PDC59132
As a fitness professional, are you ready to be empowered to confidently cue pelvic floor muscles to switch on (and also importantly to switch off), both in isolation and in movement? If so, this online micro-credential is for you! You will learn about the importance of understanding the role of the pelvic floor, correct breathing, and how posture impacts positively on your clients’ ability to lift heaver weights and perform the explosive activity without putting their pelvic floor at risk. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
7 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
Demonstrating pelvic floor contractions in person is much more effective than reading a pamphlet. Effectively cueing pelvic floor is much more than switch on your core, yet many fitness professionals shy away from the P word! This online micro-credential will empower you to confidently cue pelvic floor muscles to switch on and also importantly, how to switch them off, both in isolation and in movement. The cues are slightly modified for both female and male pelvic muscles. However, the importance of understanding the role of the pelvic floor, correct breathing, and posture will impact positively on all of your clients’ ability to lift heavier weights and perform the explosive activity without putting their pelvic floor at risk.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
What is a Digital Badge?
7 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Understand clearly to clients the true meaning of core
- Describe the spectrum of pelvic floor dysfunction; including pelvic organ prolapse (POP), weak and hypertonicity
- Outline the role of the breath in pelvic floor contractions in supporting the pelvic floor
- Outline the role of posture in supporting the pelvic floor
- Describe the basic anatomy of the pelvic region and how to cue pelvic floor contractions in isolation, and in movement
- Outline how to work clearly within your scope of practice and know when to refer to other health professionals
- Define appropriate communication to this client group within your scope as a health and fitness professional.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work or study in the health and/or fitness profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.