Partnering Agreements - PDC56490
This online Short Course forms part of the Partnering Essentials™ partnering skills course designed by DIXON Partnering Solutions. You can enrol in this course individually or in combination with other short courses to form part of the Partnering Essentials™ course.
The focus of each course is on a specific topic related to Cross Sector Partnering. The Partnering Essentials™ Course (10 courses) is equivalent to the 2-Day face-to-face program delivered by DIXON Partnering Solutions and on successful completion will enable the candidate to proceed to undertake the Certificate in Cross Sector Partnering.
Partnering Agreements are an important tool that can make a profound difference to your partnering process. This course, Partnering Agreements, will focus on gaining a greater understanding of what they are when to use them and how to develop them with partners.
The fee for this short course will be $90.00.
Standard Course StructureDuration: 2 hours
- Identify the use of partnering agreements to clarify understanding, ensure partner needs are met, create a common language and confirm buy-in
- Outline the distinction between a partnering agreement and a contract and the value of the former for equitable relationships that are about sharing benefits, risks, and decision-making
- Describe the content that could be included in agreements such as the who, what and how of roles, processes, and outcomes
- Describe the process for developing agreements with partners – usually in the creating stage once partners have reached agreement on key elements
- Outline the approach of three real-life case-study partnering agreements – their strengths and how they support different types of initiatives
- Recall some final tips on partnering agreements including creating clarity about expectations, avoiding power imbalances and allowing for innovation and flexibility.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in organisations that are involved in working together with other organisations.
The Partnering Essentials™ online courses are designed for people at all levels within organisations who:
- Are directly involved in working with other organisations or sectors
- Want to partner with others and don't know where to start
- Are looking to increase the value of their partnerships
- Want to resolve conflicts between partners
- Are not sure how to stop a partnership and move on
- Want to partner faster with less cost and reduced risk.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded 2 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours and a co-branded CQUniversity and DIXON Partnering Solutions Certificate of Completion.