Negotiating in Partnering - PDC56494
This online Short Course forms part of the Partnering Essentials™ partnering skills program designed by DIXON Partnering Solutions. You can enrol in this course individually or in combination with other short courses to form part of the Partnering Essentials™ Course.
The focus of each course is on a specific topic related to Cross Sector Partnering. The Partnering Essentials™ Course (10 courses) is equivalent to the 2-Day face-to-face program delivered by DIXON Partnering Solutions and on successful completion will enable the candidate to proceed to undertake the Certificate in Cross Sector Partnering.
This course, Negotiating in Partnering, explores Negotiating in a Partnering Context and how to resolve issues and differences between partners that could impact on progress and the outcomes you are seeking. Tension and conflicts can arise at any time in a partnering process, however, as we move into the Developing Stage it is more likely that differences will emerge.
In this course, you will learn the different negotiating styles that partners bring to the table and about a highly successful method of negotiating called Interest Based Negotiation or IBN. You will also discover the difference that intentional questioning can make to negotiations and build your communication skill-set by seeing some negotiation in practice.
The fee for this short course will be $90.00.
Standard Course StructureDuration: 2 hours
- Identify the five Kraybill Conflict Styles: Directing, Harmonising, Avoiding, Cooperating, and Compromising
- Define the principles of Interest-based Negotiation using communication tools to uncover partners’ interests behind their positions
- Outline the importance of strategic questioning in gaining a greater understanding of your partners to help you seek out solutions to complex problems
- Describe how to hone your communication skills to skillfully navigate difficult situations.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in organisations that are involved in working together with other organisations.
The Partnering Essentials™ online courses are designed for people at all levels within organisations who:
- Are directly involved in working with other organisations or sectors
- Want to partner with others and don't know where to start
- Are looking to increase the value of their partnerships
- Want to resolve conflicts between partners
- Are not sure how to stop a partnership and move on
- Want to partner faster with less cost and reduced risk.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded 2 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours and a co-branded CQUniversity and DIXON Partnering Solutions Certificate of Completion.