Leadership and Stages of Business Development - PDC72008
Are you a business leader or budding business leader? If so, this online micro-credential is for you! It will outline the business growth cycle, also called the Sigmoid Curve or the S-curve, and the associated stages along the S-curve: development, introduction, growth, maturity and decline. You will learn about the characteristics of the organisations in each of these stages and explore what leadership means for each stage. Case studies from great business leaders will be provided to consolidate these concepts. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
17 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
This online micro-credential will outline the business growth cycle, also called the Sigmoid Curve or the S-curve. The stages along the S-curve are development, introduction, growth, maturity and decline. You will learn about the characteristics of the organisations in each of these stages and explore what leadership means for each stage. In addition, Verne Harnish’s Scaling Up (2014) and Peter Senge’s The Fifth Discipline (1990) will be explored and you will learn how these can apply to businesses along the S-curve. Case studies from great business leaders will be provided to consolidate these concepts.
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
17 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify methods to improve team and individual performances using measures of effective performance
- Describe each of the stages of the business growth cycle
- Outline what leadership means for each stage of the business growth cycle.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements to enrol in this micro-credential, however, it is relevant to anyone who would like to complete studies in this field, in a flexible and self-paced environment.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.