Infection Control and Prevention - Clinical Health Setting - PDC20088
As a health care professional, you are responsible for protecting the individuals you care for and yourself in order to maintain a safe health care environment. This micro-credential discusses the infection control and prevention requirements to reduce the risks of exposure to the variety of virulent microorganisms found within health care facilities. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
2 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
To maintain a safe health care environment, infection control and prevention practices are directed at controlling or eliminating sources of infection. As a health care professional, you are responsible for protecting the individuals you care for and yourself. This online micro-credential discusses the infection control and prevention requirements to reduce the risks of exposure to the variety of virulent microorganisms found within health care facilities.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
2 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Relate the relevance of Healthcare-acquired Infections (HAIs)
- Identify the common pathogenic agents of infection
- Outline the chain of infection and the infection control and prevention practices that break the chain
- Discuss the modes of transmission of pathogens and the strategies used to interrupt transmissions
- Identify standard precautions of infection control and prevention used in health care facilities to decrease the risks of transmitting pathogens.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the healthcare profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.