Infection Control and Prevention - Clinical Health Setting - PDC20088
To maintain a safe health care environment, infection control and prevention practices are directed at controlling or eliminating sources of infection. As a health care professional, you are responsible for protecting the individuals you care for and yourself. This online Short Course discusses the infection control and prevention requirements to reduce the risks of exposure to the variety of virulent microorganisms found within health care facilities.
The fee for this short course will be $45.00.
Standard Course StructureStudy Mode: OnlineDuration: 2 hours
- Relate the relevance of Healthcare-acquired Infections (HAIs)
- Identify the common pathogenic agents of infection
- Outline the chain of infection and the infection control and prevention practices that break the chain
- Discuss the modes of transmission of pathogens and the strategies used to interrupt transmissions
- Identify standard precautions of infection control and prevention used in health care facilities to decrease the risks of transmitting pathogens.