iActivate - Design and Grow Business for Good - PDC75244
Are you an emerging social entrepreneur? CQUniversity Australia and impact-led business Impact Boom are delighted to offer this self-paced and ultra-flexible online micro-credential to guide aspiring and early-career social entrepreneurs from idea to impact. iActivate - Design and Grow Business for Good is a first for Australia, and you definitely want to be part of the social enterprise action, so what are you waiting for? As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
CQUniversity Australia and impact-led business Impact Boom are collaborating to offer a self-paced and ultra-flexible online short course to guide aspiring and early-career social entrepreneurs from idea to impact.
iActivate - Design and Grow Business for Good is a first for Australia, an online social enterprise course developed by a University and an industry leader offering a digital badge.
Hosted on CQU’s Centre for Professional Development platform, the 12-module course content is curated to give students clear and actionable steps in defining goals and impacts, understanding business for good ecosystems, applying sustainable and innovative business models, prototyping a social enterprise startup, pitching and storytelling, collaborating, scaling and measuring impacts.
The content builds on Impact Boom’s successful Elevate+ Accelerator Program for emerging social entrepreneurs, and CQUniversity’s range of social innovation courses and initiatives, from entry-level to postgraduate, that have kickstarted thousands of changemaker journeys for students since 2015.
This online Short Course provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
The course fee is $850.
Standard Course StructureDuration:
1. Define the rationale of running a business for good, desired impacts, roles, teamwork theory and other frameworks that will drive a startup or existing project from the core
2. Outline the elements of Design Thinking, Co-Design, and Systems Thinking strategies to understand, redefine and respond to the right problems
3. Reflect on innovative business models and why these are crucial to a social entrepreneur’s success, including how to best deliver value to customers and stakeholders
4. Identify key tools to understand the market in which businesses for good operate, define a personal and enterprise brand strategy, and understand social media and other marketing methods to create a trusted brand
5. Identify how to protect Intellectual Property, and understand legal and taxation implications.
There are no specific entry requirements
Students will be better able to effectively manage their business for good, be able to pitch potential new projects to employers, funders and partners, and pursue a career with other social enterprises and businesses for good. Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.