Graphic Design for the Non-Designer: Introduction - PDC65716
Are you a budding graphic designer at heart but haven’t taken the first step to explore this thought further? If so, this online micro-credential is exactly what you’re looking for! You will be introduced to what graphic design is all about, and will explore the concepts of how the audience, purpose and context impacts your design choices. The concepts of choice in typography and images are also introduced in terms of the influence they have on your target audience. Lastly, you will explore and identify constraints and expectations that may have an impact on design choices. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
2 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
This micro-credential will be provide an introduction to the fundamentals of graphic design. It explores what graphic design is and how the audience, purpose and context affect the design.
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
2 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify audience, purpose and content and how these impact your design choices
- Understand how choice in typography and images influence your target audience
- Identify constraints and expectations that may restrict your design choices.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no entry requirements to enrol in this course, however, it is recommended for people interested in design.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.