Graduate Diploma of Information Systems - CC47
The Graduate Diploma of Information Systems will expand your professional knowledge and skills to cement yourself as an emerging leader in the expanding field of information systems (IS). This is an ideal course if you have completed the Graduate Certificate in Information Systems and wish to develop your knowledge and skills in ICT services management, database design and development and emerging technologies in e-business. You will have the option to tailor your studies with a choice of elective units, preparing you for a smooth transition into the Master of Information Systems.
Online, On Campus
1 years full-time, 2 years part-time
Brisbane, Melbourne, Rockhampton, Sydney, Online
By completing this course you have the opportunity to improve your professional knowledge and skills in information systems (IS) and management skills, especially if you are employed or likely to be employed in the computing or information systems area.
In the Graduate Diploma of Information Systems, you will gain a broad understanding of IS applications in industry as well as specific skills in programming, systems analysis, databases, ICT services management and project management.
You will also complete a unit in e-Business Systems that will deepen your understanding of information systems. You will be equipped with the skills to solve contemporary information systems problems and able to manage future business challenges, boosting your career advancement opportunities.
|Core Units||7||Major Units||None|
You are required to complete seven core units and one elective.
For information on the units, you could study as part of this course, visit the Handbook and select the "Course Structure" tab.
CREDIT TRANSFER INFORMATION
If you have already completed study relevant to the course you have enrolled in, you may be eligible for credit transfer.
QUALITY EDUCATION, WHEREVER YOU ARE
Between our reputation for learning, teaching and research, our renowned online education offering, and our status as Australia’s largest regional university, rest assured you will get a world-class education when you choose CQUniversity.
A UNI THAT KNOWS CREDIBILITY IS KEY
CQUniversity has achieved some amazing feats and emerged as one of Australia’s truly great universities in under 30 years. We have been ranked among the best in the world for our teaching and learning, and are internationally recognised for our focus on Social Innovation. Our graduates are some of the most sought-after in Australia, due to our reputation for work integrated learning and industry-aligned courses, and experience some of the nation’s best graduate outcomes in terms of full-time employment and starting salary. CQUni is also regarded as the nation’s most inclusive and engaged university, with our award-winning academic and research staff making a real impact on the communities and industries we serve.
A UNI THAT LEADS IN ONLINE EDUCATION
A pioneer in online study, CQUniversity has more than two decades of experience providing high quality online learning experiences. Benefit from the flexibility to study online in your home country.
A UNI THAT KNOWS CONVENIENCE COUNTS
CQUniversity is truly focused on our students’ needs, and that means responding to what, how and where they want to study. It is why we are now Australia’s largest regional university, with more than 12 metropolitan and regional locations across four states, delivering TAFE and university qualifications in on-campus, online and supported online modes to more than 30 000 students.
A UNI THAT KNOWS YOUR EXPERIENCE MATTERS
CQUniversity’s strong focus on student experience ensures that you are prepared and supported on your student journey. Support services include on-campus or online orientation to assist your transition into university life, course and career advice, financial support options, study support, ongoing assistance through the Student Mentor program, counselling services, support for students with disability or medical conditions, Indigenous student support and more.
|Term 2 - 2022||Brisbane Melbourne Rockhampton Sydney|
|Term 3 - 2022||Brisbane Melbourne Sydney|
|Term 2 - 2022||Available Online|
|Term 3 - 2022||Available Online|
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must have:
- A completed Bachelor degree in any discipline from an Australian University or college, or equivalent; or
- A completed CQUniversity Graduate Certificate in Information Systems, or equivalent; or
- A completed CQUniversity Graduate Certificate in Information Technology, or equivalent.
English Language Proficiency Requirements:
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America,you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- a secondary qualification (Year 11 or 12, or equivalent) or
- Bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years full time with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland or United States of America.
If you do not satisfy any of the above, you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 6.0 with a minimum 5.5 in each subset; or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Requires 550 or better overall and minimum TWE score of 4.5 (Paper Based Test), or 75 or better overall and no score less than 17 (Internet Based Test); or
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) - Requires an overall score of 54 with no sub-score less than 46; or
- An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the date of commencement of study, and musty appear on a single result certificate.
Each student will be assessed individually.
Domestic and international students please see the CQUniversity Handbook.
Completion of the Graduate Diploma of Information Systems will allow you to pursue employment in both the public and private sectors in a number of roles including:
- database administrator
- ICT customer support officer
- ICT support technician
- project management support officer
- systems analyst
- web developer
|2022 Indicative Fees|
|International Indicative First Term Fee||$16,830.00|
|International Indicative First Year Fee||$33,990.00|
Please note the following important information:
- Fees are in Australian dollars (A$).
- Fees are indicative only and do not cover additional costs such as textbooks, accommodation, visa applications, OSHC, general living etc.
- Fees are based on a full-time study load and the final fee payable will be determined by your selection of units and if any credit was awarded for recognition of prior learning.
- The University reserves the right to amend fees at any time during the course. Fees are reviewed yearly and may increase in the following year to enable CQUniversity to continue to provide quality services and facilities to students.
- Courses are subject to change at the discretion of the University.
- It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of the entry requirements and prerequisites of the courses you wish to undertake.
- The typical annual fee shown provides an estimate of the tuition fees for the first year of the course in the same academic year. This estimate assumes a full-time study load of 4 units per term (based on two terms).
- Students not on an Australian student visa can only undertake courses online from an overseas location.
- Courses undertaken online may be studied on a full-time or part-time mode.
- International students studying on-campus in Australia may take no more than 33 per cent of their entire course by online education, and this option cannot be taken in its entirety during a compulsory term (Term 1 and Term 2).
Please refer to our international course fees page.