Fee-Free TAFE places for Queenslanders in 2023
If you are thinking about a TAFE course to be job ready, to upskill or retrain, now is the time with Fee-Free TAFE at CQUniversity. With a huge choice of skill sets, certificates and diplomas across a wide array of industries, 2023 is the year that sees you ready to go!
Free means the Australian and Queensland Governments will cover the full cost of training in a high priority qualification that is included on the list below, so eligible students don't contribute to training fees.
However, students may incur related costs such as uniform and resource costs.
To be eligible, you must:
- permanently reside in Queensland
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- aged 15 years and over and not be at school
- not currently be enrolled in training (not including foundation skills training).
- student is eligible for one Fee Free TAFE qualification only
- Some courses may require the student to be an existing worker in the related industry or hold a prerequisite qualification.
Individuals who hold a visa must also ensure their visa subclass is eligible for subsidised training.
As this program is about enabling Queenslanders to seek new skills or enhance existing skills, you are able to enrol regardless of your current employment status or the number of qualifications you have previously completed.
Please note Diploma of Nursing (HLT54121) is restricted to the following priority cohorts:
- First Nations Queenslanders
- people with a disability
- people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds (including migrants and refugees who meet the requisite eligibility requirements)
- student is eligible for one Fee Free TAFE qualification only.
Diploma of Nursing applicants will also need to meet other entry requirements for this course.
- BSB30120 – Certificate III in Business
- *BSB40320 – Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business
- BSB40920 – Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- BSB50120 – Diploma of Business
- BSB40520 – Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- BSB50420 – Diploma of Leadership and Management
- BSB50820 – Diploma of Project Management
*Student must be the owner, manager or employee of a small business Queensland.
- **CHCSS00070 – Assist Clients with Medication Skill Set
- CHC32015 – Certificate III in Community Services
- CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support
- *CHC42015 – Certificate IV in Community Services
- ^^CHC43315 -- Certificate IV in Mental Health
- ^CHC52015 – Diploma of Community Services
**This skill set has been endorsed by industry as suitable for individuals who hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in an area involving provision of direct client care or support. Students must be currently employed in the Community Services or Health Services industry.
*Student must be an Existing Worker in the Community Services and Health industry, which includes parents and unpaid carers of NDIS participants.
^Student must be an Existing Worker in the Community Services and Health industry, which includes parents and unpaid carers of NDIS participants
^^Students must be an existing workers in the Community and Health services industry.
- *CHCSS00070 – Assist Clients with Medication Skill Set
- ^HLT54121 – Diploma of Nursing
- HLT33115 – Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
- HLT35021 – Certificate III in Dental Assisting
*This skill set has been endorsed by industry as suitable for individuals who hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in an area involving provision of direct client care or support. Students must be currently employed in the Community Services or Health Services industry.
^Restricted to First Nations Queenslanders, people with a disability, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds (including migrants and refugees who meet the eligibility criteria)
More About Fee-Free TAFE
From 1 January 2023 until 31 December 2023, Fee-Free TAFE will be available to eligible Queenslanders at CQUniversity TAFE. This exclusive funding is due to the Australian and Queensland Governments taking action to deliver approximately 37,000 Fee-Free TAFE and vocational education places for Queenslanders in 2023.
This funding is applicable to unit enrolments. Any gap in your studies may result in you losing access to this funding. This funding is limited and subject to change. Please carefully consider your training options before committing to a training course as this may exhaust your entitlement to further Queensland Government subsidised training.
Students from the following priority groups are strongly encouraged to apply:
- First Nations Australians
- young people aged 17-24
- people out of work or receiving income support
- unpaid carers
- women facing economic insecurity
- women undertaking study in non-traditional fields
- people with disability.
FIND MORE COURSES AT REDUCED FEES
Explore our range of other reduced fee courses available through TAFE Priority Skills Fund and Free Apprenticeships for Under 25s.
Fee Free TAFE is provided by the Queensland Government’s Department of Employment, Small Business and Training.