Clermont Aboriginal Community Development Fund (ACDF) Scholarship
The Clermont Aboriginal Community Development Fund (ACDF) Scholarship will support two students of Clermont Belyando Area Native Title Claim Group (formerly Wangan and Jagalingou) descent or Aboriginal students enrolled in any VET Cert III, VET Cert IV, VET Diploma, Undergraduate or Postgraduate degrees at CQUniversity in 2021.
Scholarship Value: Up to $50,000*
Length of Scholarship: Duration of course
Number Available: 2
Opening Date: 01 October 2020
Closing Date: 29 January 2021
|Study Level||VET; Undergraduate; Postgraduate (Course work); Postgraduate (Research); Masters; Doctorate|
|Year of Study||Any|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2021
- Be enrolled in any VET Cert III, Cert IV, Diploma, Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree with a full-time course duration of at least 1 (one) year
- Be able to provide a evidence of belonging to the Clermont Belyando Area Native Title Claim Group (formally known as the Wangan & Jagalingou Traditional Owner Group) and/or is an Aboriginal person who has resided within the area of the Clermont Belyando Area Native Title Claim Group for more than one year.
- Be enrolled at Census date Term 1, 2021
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Not be receiving another CQUniversity scholarship of similar or higher value
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the Clermont Aboriginal Community Development Fund and CQUniversity Scholarships Program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
In addition to the eligibility requirements, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 each term (Undergraduate and Postgraduate scholars) or pass/competency achieved (for VET scholars)
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date of each term (Undergraduate and Postgraduate scholars) or the appropriate intakes (VET scholars)
- Complete 2 x additional pathways (recipients choice of remaining topics) of Blackbullion money management platform prior to Term 2 Census date
Please note that failure to meet the continuing eligibility criteria may result in the scholarship being cancelled.
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census date Term 1, 2021 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful Undergraduate or Postgraduate applicants in Week 6 of each term (Term 1 and Term 2 only), following final post Census date eligibility and Blackbullion engagement checks each year. Payments will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
$6,250/term full-time term study load (18 credit points or more)
$3,125/term part-time term course load (12 credit points or less)
Payment schedules for successful VET applicants will be determined at the time of scholarship offer to reflect the course duration.
- Written submission
- CQUniversity unofficial transcript or similar document demonstrating previous academic achievement/success
- Document demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Confirmation of Identity demonstrating belonging to the Clermont Belyando Area Native Title Claim Group (formely known as the Wangan and Jagalingou Traditional Owner Group) and/or Confirmation of Identity as a Aboriginal person and evidence of residing within the area of the Wangan & Jagalingou Native Title Claim area for more than one year
To apply for the Clermont Aborginal Community Development Fund (ACDF) Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply here
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Glencore and representatives of the Clermont Belyando Area Native Title Group (formerly Wangan and Jagalingou) ensure the Clermont Aboriginal Community Development Fund is used in the most effective way to assist the Aboriginal Community of Interest achieve their “Vision of the Future”. The Vision seeks to achieve equivalent access and outcomes in education, training, employment and economic participation as that enjoyed by the community as a whole, as well as retaining the unique heritage and traditions of the Clermont Belyando People.