Clermont Aboriginal Community Development Fund (ACDF) Scholarship
The Clermont Aboriginal Community Development Fund (ACDF) Scholarship will support two students of Clermont Belyando Area Native Title Claim Group (formerly Wangan and Jagalingou) descent or Aboriginal students enrolled in any VET Cert III, VET Cert IV, VET Diploma, Undergraduate or Postgraduate degrees at CQUniversity in 2021.
Scholarship Value: Up to $50,000*
Length of Scholarship: Duration of course
Number Available: 2
Opening Date: 04 May 2021
Closing Date: 11 June 2021
|Study Level||VET; Undergraduate; Postgraduate (Course work); Postgraduate (Research); Masters; Doctorate|
|Year of Study||Any|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 2, 2021
- Be enrolled in any VET Cert III, VET Cert IV, VET Diploma, Undergraduate or Postgraduate degrees with a full-time study duration of at least 1 year.
- Be able to provide evidence that they belong to the Clermont Belyando Area Native Title Claim Group (formerly known as the Wangan and Jagalingou Traditional Owner Group) and/ or is an Aboriginal person who has resided within the area of the Clermont Belyando Area Native Title Claim for more than one year.
- Be enrolled at Census Date Term 2, 2021.
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Not be receiving another CQUniversity Scholarship of similar or higher value.
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the Clermont Aboriginal Community Development Fund and CQUniversity Scholarships Program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
In addition to the eligibility requirements, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 each term (Undergraduate and Postgraduate scholars) or pass/competency achieved (for VET scholars)
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date of each term (Undergraduate and Postgraduate scholars) or the appropriate intakes (VET scholars)
- Complete 2 x additional pathways (recipients choice of remaining topics) of Blackbullion money management platform prior to Term 2 Census date
Please note that failure to meet the continuing eligibility criteria may result in the scholarship being cancelled.
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census date to avoid delays.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Payments are based on term study loads as follows:
- $3,125 /term for study load of 12 credit points
- $6,250 /term for study load of 18 credit points or more
VET Payments will be made in accordance with the month of intake as follows:
- $ 3,125 at the commencement of the qualification (on proof of enrolment and attendance).
- $ 3,125 on completion of each full semester of study.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in April and August after final eligibility and Blackbullion engagement checks.
Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Evidence of belonging to the Clermont Belyando Area Native Title Claim Group, or:
- Confirmation of Aboriginality, and
- Evidence of residing in the Clermont Belyando Area Native Title Claim Group area for more than one year.
Find out more information about obtaining Confirmation of Aboriginality.
To apply for the Clermont Aborginal Community Development Fund (ACDF) Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply here
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Glencore and representatives of the Clermont Belyando Area Native Title Group (formerly Wangan and Jagalingou) ensure the Clermont Aboriginal Community Development Fund is used in the most effective way to assist the Aboriginal Community of Interest achieve their “Vision of the Future”. The Vision seeks to achieve equivalent access and outcomes in education, training, employment and economic participation as that enjoyed by the community as a whole, as well as retaining the unique heritage and traditions of the Clermont Belyando People.