Destination Australia Scholarships
The Destination Australia Scholarships are funded by the Australian Government and are available to international students studying at CQUniversity's regional campuses in Bundaberg, Cairns and Rockhampton. These study locations offer much more than a quality education with their close-knit communities, a truly Australian experience, opportunities to explore iconic natural wonders, and a lower cost of living than capital cities. All new international students may also be eligible for the CQUniversity-funded International Student Scholarship, which provides an additional 25% scholarship.
Scholarship Value: A$15 000 pear year + 25% tuition fee scholarship through the International Student Scholarship
Length of Scholarship: Full duration of your studies
Number Available: 5
Opening Date: 13 January 2022
Closing Date: 07 February 2022
|Study Level||Undergraduate; Postgraduate (Research)|
|Year of Study||Future|
|Study Region||Bundaberg; Cairns; Rockhampton|
|Study Load||Full time|
- Masters by research
Applicants will be assessed on a competitive basis as scholarships are limited as per the selection criteria.
- Available to new to CQUniversity students
- Attained an overall grade of at least 65% or equivalent in your most recent studies.
- The scholarship is not transferable to other campuses.
- You must remain enrolled at the Bundaberg, Cairns or Rockhampton campus.
- You must maintain a valid Student Visa for the duration of your scholarship.
- You must maintain ongoing residency in the regional area where your study is based, for the duration of the scholarship.
- Submission of a 500 word study statement at the time of application.
- Accept your offer and pay by 7 February 2022.
For more information please complete our online enquiry form or call +61 3 9616 0606.
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicants must:
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date of each term (Terms 1 & 2)
- Course of study must be completed within the duration of the scholarship.
As a scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCQU for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date to avoid delays.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- CQUniversity unofficial transcript
- Documents demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
If you are ready to apply for a course at the Bundaberg, Cairns or Rockhampton campus, please visit the apply page for international students.A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant/s of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets and after the acceptance cut-off date of 7 February 2022.
The Destination Australia Program is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education to offer students from Australia and overseas the opportunity to undertake high quality education, training and research in, and to experience regional and rural Australia.