Early Detection of Deterioration in Elderly (EDDIE) - PDC52936
This online micro-credential introduces EDDIE, a clinical guide for nursing in aged care. Early Detection of Deterioration in Elderly or EDDIE is a program that aims to help nursing staff detect signs of deteriorating health in the elderly early and to provide subacute care in order to avoid hospitalisation. Early detection results in better outcomes for the client. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
1 hour online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
This online micro-credential introduces EDDIE, a clinical guide for nursing in aged care. Early Detection of Deterioration in Elderly or EDDIE is a program that aims to help nursing staff detect signs of deteriorating health in the elderly early and to provide subacute care in order to avoid hospitalisation. Early detection results in better outcomes for the client.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Recognise common subacute conditions in the elderly
- Outline signs of deterioration
- Identify common causes of deterioration.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the healthcare profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.