Disability and Health - PDC52795
Whether a disability is permanent or temporary, it can be a complex, evolving concept. This online micro-credential introduces the challenges faced by people with disability and the strategies that can be developed to improve their access to health care. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
2 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
Disability may be present from birth, or may occur any time in a person’s life. Disability may be permanent or temporary, and is a complex, evolving concept. This online micro-credential introduces the challenges faced by people with disability and the strategies developing to improve their access to health care.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
What is a Digital Badge?
Micro-credentialDuration: 2 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Recognise the effects of social exclusion on the health of people with disability, including from a historical perspective
- Describe the role of governments in developing strategies that promote social inclusion as a human rights issue
- Recognise the role of whole of society in adopting inclusive practices to promote inclusion in community life for people with disability
- Identify the barriers and enablers for people with a range of disabilities when accessing health care.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the healthcare profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.