PDC56517 - Aspiring Nurse Leaders Program for Registered Nurses
|Duration||6 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) looking to progress your career and upskill your professional development towards leadership and mentoring roles? If so, this non-creditable micro-credential is what you’re looking for. You will cover pedagogical and andragogical approaches to teaching and learning, evaluate how teaching and learning preferences can impact in the coaching and mentoring relationship, and apply knowledge of adult learning theory to coaching and mentoring activities. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
This online micro-credential introduces the Registered Nurse (RN) to beginning level management tools in their career management towards a leadership and mentoring role.
There are five modules to complete as part of this short course:
Module 1: Adult Learning
Module 2: Reflective Practice
Module 3: Delegation and Accountability of the RN
Module 4: Communication in Healthcare
Module 5: Coaching and Mentoring in the Practice Setting.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
What is a Digital Badge?
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Compare and contrast the pedagogical and andragogical approaches to teaching and learning
- Evaluate the ways in which teaching styles and learning preferences can impact in the coaching and mentoring relationship
- Apply knowledge of adult learning theory to coaching and mentoring activities.
- Identify the key elements of reflective practice
- Recognise the theoretical models of reflection
- Describe the process of reflective practice.
Delegation and Accountability of the RN
- Explain the difference between accountability and responsibility
- Identify the major roles and responsibilities of the RN, Enrolled Nurse (EN) and Assistant in Nursing (AIN)
- Outline the concepts of assignment, delegation and supervision.
Communication in Healthcare
- Identify key concepts in effective communication
- Recognise the importance of communication in the health setting
- Apply the fundamentals of effective communication in relationships and workplace documentation.
Coaching and Mentoring in the Practice Setting
- Articulate an understanding of the theoretical underpinnings of coaching and mentoring
- Define the terms coach, mentor and preceptor
- Communicate a working definition of coaching and mentoring to colleagues in the workplace
- Analyse the relationship between coaching-mentoring and training.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements to enrol in this course, however, the course is suitable for Registered Nurses.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.