PDC53972 - Work Ready Skills
|Duration||4 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
This online micro-credential is designed to provide you with work-ready skills including interpreting and responding to job advertisements and selection criteria, writing application letters and resumes and developing interview skills for job seekers. While this micro-credential is aimed at trainees, apprentices, graduates and school leavers looking to enter the workforce, it also applies to job seekers in the broader community looking to increase their confidence and success rate when applying for work. It will also provide real-world examples of advertised positions, response criteria to address, templates for preparing for job interviews and tips to assist you to return to the workforce.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
What is a Digital Badge?
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
4 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Understand the recruitment and selection process from an employer’s point of view
- Interpret anadvertisement, job description and selection criteria confidently and correctly
- Prepare a well written job application (resume and cover letter)
- Plan for a job interview
- Develop interview skills
- Transition into your new work role.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however it is recommended that students enrolling in this course have basic computer skills as well as appropriate literacy and numeracy levels to interpret job advertisements, respond to selection criteria and write job applications and resumes.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Fees & Scholarships
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.